Your safety and comfort will be our priority and we will endeavour to provide you with memories of the trip that you will treasure forever.
Trips to Skellig Michael have now finished for the year. We will be taking bookings again from early February 2020. An exact date will be confirmed in January.
There are some details about this trip that should be observed before you make a decision to visit – these are outlined below
- Landing on Skellig Michael and undertaking the climb to the monastery requires a reasonable level of fitness and mobility. The sea trip can also be challenging at times and this should also be considered before making a booking enquiry. All intending travellers should be physically fit for this trip.
- Children under 12 are not accommodated on this trip
- Wet gear will be provided but we recommend you bring you own also as you can never have enough when out on the ocean – sensible footgear is also required.
Throughout the tour we will depart to you our knowledge of the history of Skellig Michael and surrounding area. At the Small Skelligs you will witness first-hand the wonder of over 50,000 Gannets (the 2nd largest colony in the world) and the resident colony of seal. Dolphins and Whales can also be seen occasionally on the trip to and from Skellig.
Special group rates available.
Our landing trips depart from Portmagee Marina at 9am each morning weather permitting and return at approximately 2pm.
- Arrive at Portmagee marina, Co. Kerry at 8.45am
- On arrival ask for the Celtic Victor (this is the name of our vessel)
- Depart 9.00am
- Arrive at Skellig Michael at approx. 10.00am
- Depart Skellig Michael at approx. 12.30pm
- Return to Portmagee 1.45pm
Note: All bookings should confirm 2 days before the sailing date to get an update on weather conditions and departure times.
Cost: The Skellig landing trip costs €95 per person.
Our Eco trips depart from Portmagee Marina at approximately 2.30pm and return at approximately 5.00pm.
- Arrive at Portmagee marina at 2.15pm
- On arrival at the marina ask for the Celtic Victor (this is our vessel)
- Depart 2.30pm
- Arrive at Skellig Islands at approx. 3.30pm
- Depart Skellig Islands at approx. 4.15pm
- Return to Portmagee 5.00pm
Cost: The Skellig eco trip costs €40 per person.